Everyone always asks me…. “How do your lashes stay on so well, for so long?!” Well, ladies, it ain’t complicated. I simply follow the rules and take good care of them! We don’t preach about proper After Care because we want to hear ourselves speak ;) Here are my top 10 tips for keeping those lashes looking AMAZING!
- Keep them dry for the first 24 hours
- Avoid ANYTHING oil based on the face, especially close to the eye! A lot of people don’t realise their skincare has oils in it…. Do your research thoroughly!
- Clean them… REGUARLY!!! Clean your lashes 2-4 times per week depending on makeup levels.
- Speaking of makeup… I don’t wear much. Ever. Eyeliners and most eyeshadows are either oil based or don’t allow your skin to breathe, causing excess oil excretion, which if you are not cleaning them properly, sits on those lashes for far too long and breaks down the glue bond! Do you wear eyeliner daily? CLEAN IT OFF DAILY.
- Brush them – daily.
- Don’t sleep on your face! Silk pillowcases help, but full on face sleepers will see it affect their retention big time!
- Don’t touch! The less you touch them, the less oil transfer from your fingers onto your lashes ;)
- Avoid excess stress on your lashes – do you rinse all your shampoo/conditioner onto your lashes? Face cleansers? Sit your face under the shower stream everyay? STOP!! Avoiding these also helps a LOT!
- Workouts – think of all that sweat…. Make sure to clean it out of your lashes after each workout
- Steam/Heat – keep it away from your lashes for excess periods of time!
Lashes aren’t work if you know how to take proper care of them! Would you not wash your face for a week? Not brush your teeth for a week? HELL NO! Your lashes are in the same realm! Keep them clean, treat them kindly, and they will last even longer than you are used too! You spend good money on those lashes, make sure you’re doing the right thing by YOU to see value in it!!!